Homemade mini sausage rolls
By Babysits, 1 min read
These "pigs in a blanket" or mini sausage rolls are a great, easy snack to make with children. The recipe only requires two ingredients, mini frankfurters/hot dogs and puff pastry, and is prepared in no time at all! Kids absolutely love these sausage rolls, so find out how to make them during your next snack time below!
Makes: 20 sausage rolls
What you’ll need
- 20 mini frankfurters (you can alternatively use full sized hot dogs and cut them smaller pieces!)
- 5 sheets of puff pastry
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F)
- Cut the puff pastry in pieces that are large enough to wrap around the frankfurters
- Wrap the pieces of puff pastry around each frankfurter (don’t cover the ends of the frankfurters!)
- Pop the sausage rolls into the oven and take out when the pastry turns golden brown
- Leave to the sausage rolls to cool for a few minutes and enjoy!