By Babysits, 2 min read
Are your children big fans of sweets? We as parents need to ensure that our kids get the nutrition they need. Why not surprise them with healthy apple “doughnuts” that don’t just look great but also taste amazing?
Fruit is nature's candy. If we teach kids to love fruit and get into the habit of eating it whilst they’re little, they will continue the habit as they grow into adults. Setting a healthy standard from a young age can have a major impact on their health and lifestyle overall.
Try these easy to make apple “doughnuts” to show your kids that fruit is a delicious alternative to unhealthy snacks. With our recipes, your kids will love healthy snacks so much that they’ll ask for them on their own!
To prepare these delicious apple treats you will need:
- Apples (1 apple makes approx 4-6 doughnuts, depending on the thickness of slices).
- Toppings of your choice (we used cream cheese, peanut butter, honey, chia seeds, almonds, coconut chips and some mashed strawberries)
You’ll need: a cutting board, sharp knife, stencil for the “doughnut” holes, and a small knife for spreads.
- We cut the washed apples into 1cm thick slices.
- Using the stencil, we removed the apple core.
- We spread cream cheese on ½ of the doughnuts.
- On the other ½ we spread peanut butter (you can be creative).
- We decorated the doughnuts with sliced almonds, coconut chips, honey, etc.
That’s it, your healthy treat is ready to be served!
Did you enjoy our recipe? Stay tuned for more healthy kids recipes. If you created your own healthy doughnuts, we would love to see your versions of them. Share your creations with us on Instagram and tag @Babysits