- Company name: Babysits B.V.
- Chamber of Commerce registration number: 68591950
- VAT number: NL857510447B01
Information we collect
At Babysits we collect and store the following information you provide us.
- Account information. When you sign up for a Babysits account, we collect certain information such as your first name, last name and email address.
- Profile information. To activate your Babysits profile, we may ask you to provide additional information, such as address, gender and date of birth.
- Verification information. To help create and maintain a trusted community, we may collect verification information, which includes a phone number and email address.
- Payment information. For parents to upgrade to a premium account to be able to send messages, we require you to provide certain financial information, such as a bank account number or credit card information in order to facilitate the processing of payments.
- Communications with other platform users. When you communicate with other Babysits users through our messaging system, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Appointment information. When you plan appointments with other Babysits users through our appointment system, we collect information about your appointment and any information you choose to provide.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes if you haven’t given us explicit permission to do so.
Information about cookies
- Session: to log in and to use our website;
- Keep me logged in: to remember login names;
- New Relic: to use their Server Monitoring service;
- Bing: to track effectiveness of the website (only applicable if you clicked on one of our ads);
- Facebook: to track effectiveness (only applicable if you clicked on one of our ads);
- Stripe: to process payments;
- Google Analytics: to analyze the effectiveness of the website.
Google Analytics cookies
Babysits makes use of Google Analytics, a web analytics service offered by Google to track and report activity on our website. Hereby we make use of Google Analytics cookies. In order to maintain transparency and protect our users, we have:
- Signed a Data Processing Agreement with Google;
- Turned on IP Anonymization by removing the last octet of the IP address;
- Data sharing disabled;
- Don’t make use of other Google services in combination with Google Analytics cookies.
Data collected, processed and stored using Google Analytics is secure and kept confidential. For more information about Google Analytics cookies, we recommend you to go to this page.
Safety and security
Babysits has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures by using the latest technologies to protect your information against loss, misuse or unlawful processing. We use safeguards to help keep the information collected secure.
While we take data protection precautions, Babysits can not ensure the security of any information you transmit to your public Babysits profile. Babysits cannot prevent third parties (such as search engines) from storing your public Babysits profile temporarily. Other (job) websites can also display parts of public jobs or profiles in their search engines. Your contact information will not be displayed on your profile or shared with third parties.
We request our users to do their part to help us to maintain a secure platform. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information. For more information about Babysits safety measures, you can go to our trust and safety page.
Data retention period
In accordance with the law, Babysits does not retain your personal information any longer than is required for attaining the purposes for which they were collected. If you no longer want us to retain your information, you can erase your personal information and close your Babysits account by going to the settings page.
Information inspection and correction
- By email: contact page.
- By post: Hofplein 20 (no visit address), 3032 AC Rotterdam, The Netherlands
You can also contact the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS) about the use of your personal data. The EDPS is the European independent data protection authority. They supervise the processing (collection, use, transfer, etc.) of personal information by the EU institutions.