How to write a great profile
By Babysits, 2 min read
If you're looking for a babysitting job, you'll need to write a great profile to increase your chances of being selected by parents. Your profile is your personal advertisement. If you're feeling stuck on how to create a great Babysits profile, don't worry. We've got you covered with our best tips.
Parents will often go with the better looking and more complete profile, so be sure yours stands out from the crowd! What are the golden rules for a successful profile?
- Use a good, clear photo that best represents you.
- Fill in your profile description with fun anecdotes and relevant skills.
- Make sure that you share an overview of your studies and any relevant positions that you've had.
- Tell the Babysits community something about yourself, like why you love to work with children. Give them a convincing story that'll set your profile apart from the others.
- Upload a profile video through the Babysits mobile app. This makes your profile look more complete and can give parents a good first impression of you!
- Do you have something special to offer? Mention it! Anything like a second or third language, playing an instrument, tutoring, special hobbies, etc.
- Another important tip is to clearly mention when you are available, as this will prevent other users from contacting you to babysit during the times that you are unavailable.
- Last but not least, ask your friends, family, or previous employers to leave you a reference. If they are willing to do so, this can help give parents a better idea of your character and make your profile look much more trustworthy!
With a quality profile, finding a great babysitting job through Babysits is easy. Be sure to advertise your babysitting qualifications through your description, references, and reviews.